ALL-ON-4 TO 6
We spoke earlier about implants, the single variety, basically an implant to replace a tooth. Today let’s talk about what some call All-on 4+ or hybrid dentures (implant supported dentures) which basically mean 4-6 implants are placed in an arch to which a prosthetic arch are attached to give you a full set of upper or lower teeth secured in your mouth. These are not removed like regular dentures are. This is a permanent (fixed) placement of the prosthesis which looks and act like your real teeth giving you the ability to chew and break up the food like you had grown up with. The implants are scientifically placed to hold your dentures in precise alignment.
These implants can be for either the upper arch or the lower arch and many choose both to replace all their teeth with what look like and fully act like a new set of perfect teeth that act like your original teeth. Your bite, your chewing function is as close as one can get to your original teeth.
The most important aspect of this procedure is the office capability of preforming this. This procedure requires an oral surgeon, a prosthodontist and a dental lab that can manufacture the prosthetic. Columbia Dental has these three components.
The All-on 4 to 6 treatment concept replaces your missing teeth with a full dental bridge supported by only four to six dental implants
With less implants needed, the overall treatment time is reduced. This unique treatment concept ensures greater stability in the bone and reduces the need for bone graft surgery to increase bone volume
Our Prosthodontist can usually place temporary provisional fixed teeth on the same day after treatment. These provisional teeth look and feel much like natural teeth and you can lead a normal life immediately after surgery. After a few months of healing time, our Prosthodontist will place your final bridge. Your quality of life is improved, and you can start enjoying your favorite foods again.
Who are good candidates for the All-on-4 to 6 solution?.
- Those people with failing dentition (the makeup of the teeth, the kind and number of teeth, and their arrangement).
- There must be sufficient bone in which to place the implants. The best thing about this solution is you do not need an implant per tooth so 4 implants can hold a complete arch of teeth. This reduces the cost of the procedure as you do not need an implant for each tooth.
What makes the All-On-4 to 6 solution an effective, cost-effective popular solution?
This procedure restores more than just the patient’s smile. The patient can go in on the day of surgery and come out with fixed full-arch prosthesis on four implants. There is improved satisfaction with regards to:
- There is no gum tissue irritation due to dentures slipping.
- The strength of your bite will be so increased that you can eat all of your favorite foods.
- You will not use messy creams or adhesives to secure your denture in place.
- Your health will improve as you drink more water and eat the full range of nutritious foods without fear of loosening your denture.
- Research has demonstrated that, with proper care, hybrid overdentures can last indefinitely, unlike removable dentures that typically need to be replaced every five to seven years.
Dental Implants offer you many advantages:
- A cost effective solution – Your new replacement teeth require only 4 – 6 implants for each jaw. With fewer implants required, the cost is lower.
- Reduced need for bone grafting – The special tilting of two of the implants ensures a secure and stable anchorage for the replaced arch, typically making bone grafting unnecessary.
- Faster treatment and healing time – Your replacement arch can be attached to your implants immediately after insertion. There is no need to wait for healing time between surgery and tooth placement.
- Flexible options – You can choose a final prosthetic solution that is best for you, such as as a fixed option (one with the highest durability and chewing function, but cannot be removed except by your dentist) or a removable option (can be removed by you for each cleaning).
- Scientifically proven and documented. The All on 4 to 6 treatment concept is supported by good clinical outcomes from studies in which four implants have been inserted to support a full replacement arch with the tilting of implants.
At Columbia Dental we have the Oral Surgeons, the Prosthodontists, the Dental Lab and the CAT Scan to properly do an All-on-4 to 6 solution for you. With the CAT scan we are able to perform virtual surgery allowing us more accurate placement of the implants. We can plan for the accurate placement of the implants, surgically guide the placement, accomplishing the procedure faster and more effectively. While other practices advertise they do implants and hybrid dentures, Columbia Dental is the only practice in the area that has the facility, the doctors, the lab and the tools to best provide you an All-on 4 to 6 treatment solution best for you. You may have heard other practices that only do this procedure, but we’re a full service dental practice with representation of all the specialties.
It is possible to do the procedure in a single day. You come in on your procedure day, have the extractions done, the implants inserted and the arch placed and leave with a full arch of teeth.