Tales From the Operatory Part XI: Hollywood and Dental Implants
As we know, Hollywood is all about the beauty, the body sculpting, the makeup, the clothes, and, of course, the smile. Besides veneers, the most popular method of creating THE SMILE is with dental implants. Dental implants have progressed now to the point that their permanency is as good as the teeth you were born with, without the problems we’re all familiar with: cavities, root canals, discoloration, or the need for braces. Whether it be one tooth or your whole upper and lower arches, dental implants are a solid choice to enable you to design your smile and have worry-free teeth.
Some common advantages of implants are:
- Eating the foods, you love because of the increased bite force and chewing power offered. You’ll get to enjoy more nutrient-rich options that benefit both your oral and overall health, and you won’t need to worry about accidental slippage.
- Increasing your jawbone density because of the continuous stimulation provided by your dental implants. Because they mimic the natural tooth structure, your jawbone will reap the benefits and strengthen each time you bite down or chew.
- Minimizing your risk of systemic diseases often caused by tooth loss. Osteoporosis, diabetes, and even heart disease can occur should you experience tooth loss and forgo treatment for an extended period. With dental implants, you can lower your risk of developing these issues and embrace a healthier smile and body.
- Prosthetics that are designed to last 30 years or longer with proper care and maintenance. Unlike dentures and dental bridges that require frequent adjustments and replacements every 5-10 years, dental implants can last much longer.
- Prosthetics that will save you money well into the future. Instead of buying denture adhesives and special cleaning supplies, you can enjoy a smile that will remain firmly in place and can be cleaned using regular dental supplies you have at home for your regular teeth.
Howie Mandell had dental implants placed. He claims he cannot tell the difference between his artificial and his natural teeth, many dental implants function better than natural teeth.
Steve Tyler of Aerosmith had suffered an accident while on tour and was able to have same-day implant placement and was back on stage in just a couple of days. Thankfully, modern-day implant technology allows one to meet important deadlines and tight schedules and this is available to everyone, it is not just for celebrities.
Dental implants are available to you at Columbia Dental. We are able to do single tooth implants as well as the entire upper and lower arch, creating all new teeth which creates an all-new smile. What’s more, we can do it for you in one day, seven days a week.
Remember, we are coming to the end of the year which means you want to use all of the benefits you’re paying for with your insurance company and FSA account. If you don’t use it, you lose it. You don’t want to give money back to the insurance company, or back to your employer.
Columbia Dental Manchester is open 7 days a week with late hours for your scheduling convenience. Call today to make your appointment before the end of the year.